Tuesday 15 March 2011

May I overcome fear

O Divine Lion of Courage!teach me to overcome fear by understanding its uselessness.May I not anaesthtetize with forebodings my unlimited ability as Thy child to meet successfully any test of life.
Free me from paralysing dreads.May I not visualize accidents and calamities,lest the by the power of thought I invite them to externalize themselves.
Inspire me to put my trust in Thee,not in human precautions only.I can pass safely where bullets fly or dread bacteria abound if I realize Thou art ever with me.
May I never tremble at the thought of death,help me to remember that for this body the Summoner shall arrive only once: and that,through his mercy ,when my time is come I shall not know of it nor care.
Teach me ,O Infinite Spirit!that whether I am awake or asleep,alert or daydreaming,living or dying,Thine all-protecting presence encircles me.-Sri sri Paramhansa Yogananda

No comments:

Post a Comment